Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Asterios Polyp

The reading for this week was interesting. I really liked the style of it first off because the cover reminded me somewhat of graphic design which was cool. Although, I'm not sure any graphic designer I know would produce a cover like that, but it was still interesting to me. This guy seems to go through a lot for one person. His house is burnt down, he leaves his original job as a professor, and becomes a mechanic. That seems like a bit of a downgrade to me. But I enjoyed how we went back in time at points in the story. Like things that happened in his childhood and his troubling marriage. 

It almost seemed like his life really related to his background in Greek and Italian descent. The Roman/Greek gods kind of destroying his life day by day. It reminds me the original Hercules story how Hera keeps sending monsters for him to fight which we really ruin my day if you ask me. But it was a different and interesting read for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment