Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Impostor's Daughter

For this week I read a little of The Impostor's Daughter. To be completely honest what drew me into this comic was the font that they used for the title of the book. It is one of my favorite fonts. But to get on topic it was actually very interesting. I can't imagine finding out that the person you look up to so much is actually and basically a liar. Her father tells her all of these great tails of his past and all the great accomplishments he has made in his life making her want to do great things and be just as great of a person as her father. In a way I can see that it was almost a clever way to get his daughter to do amazing things in her life, but why would you want to lie to someone that badly. I mean lying about your life to your child; it's insane. I can only imagine what would go on in my head after finding out that one of my parents have been lying to me. It just makes you wonder what else they are lying about.

The artwork of the comic wasn't my favorite. It was probably some of my least favorite artwork i a comic this whole semester, but the story overall took it back up because it made me really interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment